THE XAVIER INSTITUTE OF HIGHER LEARNING

Mission Log #21

 

>>AT ATTENTION<<
<Rogue> @@
<Sydney> @@
<Kitty> @@
<Rusty> @
<Warren> @@
<Alex> @@
SIM BRIEF> LAST TIME, WE HAD A FIASCO THAT INVOLVED THE BRITISH POLICE. POLICEMEN WERE HURT, X-MEN WERE HURT.. HOWEVER WE DID MANAGE TO RETRIEVE ELIZABETH. BUT RATHER THAN RETURN HER TO HER HOME WHERE THE POLICE WOULD LIKELY BE SWARMING, WE TOOK HER WITH US TO GET PATCHED UP
>>SIM START<<
SCENE> MUIR ISLAND, A SMALL ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF SCOTLAND. ITS RAINING, AS USUAL. THE BLACKBIRD HAS JUST LANDED AND OUR GOOD FRIEND ETHAN HAS COME TO GREET US.
<Cyclops> ..::opens the hatch and walks down the steps, pulling the hood on his coat up, moves to the side so that he is still underneath the cover of the blackbird::
<Voltage> ::Scowls, as he sits under an umbrella, waiting for them to exit the Blackbird:: ((God, I hate it when it rains..I hate this whole damn part of the world's ecosystem..))
<Rusty> ::steps off the jet and quickly surveys the area before moving under the wing as well::
<Cyclops> ..::smirks, voice raised due to the noise of the rain:: Nice to you see you too, Mr. Sunshine.
<Alex> ::grumpy look as he steps off of the plane, smiling as he looks up at the sky:: ((Mmm, rain..))
<Rogue> ::zipping up her jacket, exits the jet, looking a little wan and rubbing at a bruise on her cheekbone::
<Kitty> ::peers out of the hatch for a moment, then phases before walking down to join the others::
<Voltage> ::Cracks a slight smile and nods:: Hey, Scotty. S'up? ::Nods to the others:: You know me...I fucking hate rain.
<Warren> ::rubs his eyes:: This is still the same time zone isn't it? ::looks up at the sky, trying to determine the time of day::
<Sydney> ::Walks out of the jet, her face dark and just looking miserable.::
<Warren> ::gets a face full of rain for his trouble:: In ten years from now, we're going to look back on this and laugh.
<Cyclops> ..::nods to Ethan, to the others:: Follow him in.
<Cyclops> ..::closes the hatch::
<Alex> ::glances over to Syd and slips off his silver trench, leaving him in just his fishnet shirt before offering putting the coat around Syd's shoulders::
<Sydney> ((That is, if I don't kill you first.)) ::Mutters to herself about the coldness of the rain.::
<Rusty> where are we exactly? ::pulls up his jacket hood::
<Sydney> Thanks... but you're the one who looks like you're going to need it. ::slight smile.::
<Alex> ::shivers:: Nah.. I'm from California, we're made of stronger stuff, there. Besides, this' waking me up.
<Voltage> ::Nods, and moves to head inside:: The Moir Island research facility..and also where several mutants are being treated. It's run by Doc Moira MacTaggart..brilliant scientist, but she makes god awful coffee..::makes a slight face:: And won't let me make my cappacuino..
<Rogue> ::lowers her head and stares at her feet, rain dripping off her nose despite her hood... moves to follow after Volt::
<Kitty> ::follows after the others, thankful that she isn't getting wet:: ((It is sorta scenic out here.. or would be, if you could see further than a few yards..))
<Sydney> ::follows at the others.::
<Rusty> I'll be sure to avoid the coffe then, thanks for the warning. ::stares at the buildings:: ((a mutant infirmary? that's good there's such a thing I suppose))
<Cyclops> ..::walks at the back of the group::
<Cyclops> ::looks around:: Where's Dr. MacTaggart?
<Voltage> ::Looks towards Cyclops as he asks the question:: In the infirmary, actually. 
<Alex> ::walks with the others, looking at Syd before glancing to Kitty, noticing the bounce in her hair, despite the rain:: How do you keep from falling through the ground?
<Kitty> ::slows her pace a bit, turning to Alex with a ponderous look on her face, then shrugs::
<Cyclops> Can you take us to her? A few of us need some patching up.
<Sydney> ::Pulls the coat closer to her.:: You think the place would be a bit closer...
<Rogue> ((He's still mad... maybe Ah shouldn'ta said nothin'.... but it was true...)) ::skirts a mud-puddle::
<Rusty> ::slows to a stop and glances around again:: ((I hope it clears up before we leave, I'd like to get a good look at the ocean.. even if it is the opposite side than I was planning for...))
ACTION> ETHAN LEADS THEM TO A DOOR THAT OPENS UP TO THE INSIDE OF THE FACILITY
<Voltage> ::nods as he continues down the hall, pausing at a door:: Yeah, already was. Figured you would, after seeing the news report. ::Glances towards them and pauses, raising an eyebrow:: You guys look awful.
<Rusty> ::waits for all the others to pass before following inside::
<Cyclops> ..::groans::..
<Alex> ::scratches his chin, looking at Kitty, pondering:: So with your powers, you can walk through anything? You could get into any club you wanted..
<Cyclops> Alex. No.
<Kitty> ::unphases as soon as she gets inside, with a slight smirk:: Well, yeah! ...Err, except for what he said.
<Rogue> ::tries to wipe some of the water and mud off her feet before advancing down the hall::
<Alex> ::looks at Cyke:: Would you rather I'd asked her if she could walk into Fort Knox if she wanted to? ::smirks:: I was merely asking.. ::wipes his wet bangs out of his face::
<Rusty> ::steps inside, wiping off his feat, and removing his hood:: .. smells very.. disinfectanty
<Sydney> ((When was the last time Scott said something -nice- to his brother?)) ::Walks inside, rubbing her arms.::
<Warren> It's a medical center, Russel. It's supposed to smell like that.
<Voltage> ::Looks around as he walks:: Yeah..it's all rather..white, too. ::Smirks:: Some of the research though is just damned interesting. If it weren't for the God awful rain and lack of cappacuino, I could almost stand staying here for a long time.
<Rusty> of course, I was.. merely commenting to myself.. ((thank you Mr Obvious...))
ACTION> AS THEY WALK BY, A DOOR IS SLIGHTLY AJAR, YOUNG MUTANTS OF MANY DIFFERENT SKIN COLORS POKE THEIR HEADS OUT TO TRY AND CATCH A GLIMPSE OF THE PASSERBYS
<Edie> ::whispers to the others:: So they're Mr. Xavier's kids?
<Sydney> ::Glances over her shoulder and smiles at the mutants, waving.::
<Rogue> ::eyes widen slightly as she catches sight of the youngsters:: ((...so this is where they send the ones that don't look normal enough to pass...)) 
<Rusty> ::stops in front of the door:: hello
<Artie> ::smiles and creates an image of David with a question mark, nods::
<Alex> ::looks at the kids and waves as well:: ..How long did it take you to get so skilled with your powers, Kitty? Do you prefer Kitty, or Kat? I doubt you'd like Kit Kat..
<Jack> ::shakes his head:: No, not like.. ::waves::
ACTION> THE COLLECTIVE GROUP KINDA BACK UP FROM RUSTY AS HE APPROACHES
<Rusty> ::stops:: What? Do I smell bad?
<Edie> No.. it's just that.. ::eyes him for a little bit:: ((Doesn't look bad..)) Hey, don't worry guys, he ain't gonna hurt us.
<Cyclops> ..How many kids does she have here?
ACTION> A SMALLER, FERAL LOOKING MUTANT MOVES OVER TOWARDS RUSTY AND SNIFFS HIM
<Rusty> ::scratches his head:: ((what was that all about?)) I'd better not get sepera... um.. hello
<Voltage> Hmm..::Scratches head for a moment, mentally counting:: 7, I believe. 
<Kitty> Wellll.. it wasn't really like I got skilled.. it's like, I had bad headaches from it, and after awhile Xavier helped me get rid of them.. and then I could just think about going intangible. And whatever you want to call me is fine.. ::distracted glance at the doorway::
<Warren> Where is Doctor MacTaggart? We shouldn't keep her waiting.
<Rogue> ::stays well away from the children, arms folded tightly::
<Alex> All right.. ::small grin:: Would you be interested in hanging out at the mall by the mansion sometime, Miss Katherine? We can slack and loiter and be reckless youths..
<Warren> ::staying well away from the children as well, trying his best to look as though he's not intentionally keeping his distance::
<Kitty> Yeah, that sounds like fun!
<Rusty> I'd better go now :;waves and walks quickly to the others::
<Cyclops> Yeah. Hmm.. ::looks at the kids for a little while, and the continues::
<Alex> ::glances to Syd:: How about you, Syd? Care to be a reckless youth? Perhaps we could even stay a few minutes past curfew before returning to the mansion at slightly over the speed limit..
<Artie> ::an image of a puppy, wagging it's tail happily appears over his head, bright smile::
<Rusty> ::looks over to Rogue:: don't like kids?
<Rogue> ::looks up, a bit startled:: ... ::vaguely embarrassed shrug:: Never really was around too many...
<Voltage> Hey, this is a big place, man..we're getting there. I still say we should put like..moving floor things in here. Anyways..yeah, you wanted to hear about the kids?
<Warren> ::quietly:: Not particularly.
<Rusty> ::nods:: I understand.. the only kids I was ever around much.. well, in school I suppose. ::looks down to the floor::
<Cyclops> Yeah.
<Voltage> ::Looks around, as he walks, placing how far they are from the Infirmary:: Well, let's see..we've got Artie, he's a photokinetic..Rahne, she's the Doc's foster daughter and a lycanthrope..Edie, she's a teleporter..Kyle, he's a feral mutant..Guy has enhanced senses..and antennae..Robbie can..uh..spit fireballs from his mouth..and they've got another kid in intensive care..
<Sydney> ::Shurgs.:: I'm not sure... those poor things...
<Rogue> ::ambivalent expression, shrugs again:: ..Wasn't around too many there, either...
<Sydney> I would love to talk to them later, if they don't mind...
<Rogue> ((Photokinetic? Lyca... th... an... whatever that is... Ah guess they got words for everything, anymore...))
<Voltage> ::Nods, slightly:: I think it can be arranged..we should get you all treated first, though..
<Rusty> If its not too much trouble, I would like to visit with them as well... 
<Alex> ..::dismissive gesture:: How about you guys go ahead and some of us stay here to talk to these guys?
<Cyclops> We all need to get checked out first.
<Cyclops> Just to be sure.
ACTION> VOLTAGE LEADS THEM TO THE INFIRMARY DOOR, THE DOOR IS OPEN.. YOU CAN SEE THAT THIS PLACE IS ON PAR OR EVEN BETTER THAN THE INFIRMARY WE HAVE BACK AT HOME
<Voltage> ::Moves inside, looking around and clearing his throat:: Doc?
<Moira> ::looks up from her station, and stands to greet them:: God bairns, ye look terrible. Whut took ye sae long?
<Sydney> I didn't get touch, at all. ::Sighs.::
<Rogue> ::avoids touching anything or standing too close to anything that looks even remotely more fragile than 'wall', looking around the infirmary, a bit wide-eyed... looking sharply toward Moira when she speaks:: ((...What did she just say?))
<Voltage> heh. Well, I had to drag them away from the kids..and it IS quite a long walk, Doc. ::Smirks:: 
<Kitty> ::interested look at the various equipment::
<Moira> Ah suppose. ::smiles:: Come, sit doon. Alla ye. ::motions to the many beds in the infirmary::
<Warren> I'm fine right here. ::folds his arms over his chest::
<Alex> ::listens to Moira and takes a seat on a bed:: ((..the leprechaun woman knows best.. wonder if she knows the purple one I saw a month ago..))
<Cyclops> We had a little.. accident. If you can call it that. ::moves to sit down::
<Moira> Oh aye, Ah saw it on th news.
<Rusty> ::walks in:: this is a very nice place you run... ? 
<Cyclops> ::to Warren:: It wasnae a suggestion. 
<Kitty> ::wanders over to one of the beds and sits, lightly swinging her feet::
<Rogue> ::hesitates until she sees other people sitting down, as if she wasn't quite sure that was what they were directed to do... sits down gingerly on the edge of a bed::
<Rusty> ::stands next to one of the beds:: I'm not injured...
<Warren> Neither am I. 
<Voltage> ::Crosses his arms, leaning against the wall, watching them:: ((Oh, this is going to be fun to watch..))
<Moira> Better tae be safe than sorry. ::shrugs:: Suit yuirself. 
<Rogue> ::folds her gloved hands in her lap and studies them silently::
<Moira> Ye can go explair th' groonds, then.
<Moira> Alrecht, who's first? 
<Alex> Uh.. me, I guess? First to go, first done?
<Warren> ::leans against the wall, rests his eyes::
<Rogue> ::looks toward Scott, then back at the floor::
<Moira> ::smiles:: Ahh, smart boy. ::moves over towards alex:: Tak' off yuir shirt.
<Cyclops> ::looks over at Rogue::
<Rogue> ((She calls that ... net thing a shirt?))
<Alex> ..::looks around the group, then slips off his fishnet shirt:: There we go, all set, right? ::watches Moira::
<Rusty> ::moves away from the bed and leans against a wall:: ((this is somewhat boring))
<Kitty> ::leans over to peer at the closest device from where her bed is situated:: ((Oh, wow..))
<<.. I said those of you who didn't need to be checked out could go explore the grounds>>
<Rogue> ::fiddles with the sleeve of the jacket she donned to cover her bullet-riddled shirt::
<Moira> ::puts her hand on Alex's side, pulls her hand back:: Och. yoo're burnin' up.
<Alex> ::uneasy grin:: Why thanks, you're not that bad yourself.. ::winks::
<Cyclops> ..How are you alive? They got you..
<Moira> ::cracks a small smile:: Dinnae gie fresh, boyo.
<Rogue> ...Ah dunno. ::rubs one of the bruises::
<Alex> ::smirks:: Hey, you started it.. ::blinks, losing the smirk and squints before shuting his eyes and opens them:: whoa, stop wobbling like that..
<Rusty> ::makes for the door::
<Voltage> ::Watches the group, carefully, paying close attention as he listens:: ((Seems like a lot of things happened, while I was away from the team.))
<Sydney> ::Rubs her arms, looking distant.::
<Moira> Nae broken bones, jist some minur cuts an' brooses. ::starts to clean his cuts and bandages Alex up:: Put yer shirt back oan. Yoo're fine. ::moves over towards 
ACTION> AN OLDER GENTLE MEN, WITH WHITE HAIR AND GLASSES, WEARING A WHITE LABCOAT SIMILAR TO MOIRA'S PEEKS INTO THE INFIRMARY.
<Alex> ::slips his shirt on:: Thanks, beautiful.. ::heads over to Syd::
<Dr.Essex> ..Moira?
<Sydney> ::Blinks and hands Alex his coat back.:: 
<Moira> Aye?
<Sydney> ((So many ghosts here...))
<Kitty> ::glances over at the man, curiously::
<Rogue> ::looks at Moira and the stranger::
ACTION> THE GHOSTS ARE GIVING OFF TENSE FEELINGS..
<Dr.Essex> It's David. he's--
<Sydney> ::Tilts her head, looking at the ghosts.:: ||Is there something the matter?||
>>EPILOGUE<<
SCENE> NEW YORK CITY. 2 A.M CLEAR SKIES. POLICE OFFICER TOM CORSI WALKS DOWN A STREET IN THE BRONX, ON HIS USUAL PATROL ROUNDS. THE USUAL NEW YORK CHILL CAUSES HIM TO ZIP HIS JACKET UP, BUT OTHERWISE DOES NOT PHASE HIM. THE NIGHT HAS BEEN QUIET, A WELCOME CHANGE FROM THE ORDINARY.
<Corsi> ::walks along as he puts his gloves on.
<Woman> ::brushes past Corsi:: Excuse me.
<Corsi> Im sorry. ::looks over his shoulder:: ((Hunh..)) ::turns his head back and looks ahead of him, checking cars and such as he passes::
ACTION> WHAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOW FLYING PLANE APPROACHES THE SECTION OF THE CITY.
<Corsi> Wha..? ::turns and looks up towards the sky::
<Cyclops> ACTION> CORSI TURNS AROUND TO SEE A SENTINEL COMING HIS WAY. 
<Corsi> ((Theyre patrolling the city tonight?))
ACTION> THE SENTINEL SLOWS AS IT NEARS. CLOUDS START TO GATHER
<Corsi> ::looks around:: No ones around.. I wonder what its--
<Sentinel> ::hovers in mid air as it lowers itself to the ground:: Surrender, Mutant.
ACTION> THE SENTINEL HOLDS HIS PALM OUT AT CORSI AND SENDS A TENDRIL AT HIM.. A LIGHTNING BOLT RIPS DOWN FROM THE SKY AND CUTS IT.
<Storm> ::hovers in mid air, eyes white as she sends another lightning bolt at it:: You first, ugly.
>>EPILOGUE END<<
>>SIM END<<